Saturday, January 2, 2010

Intentional Horizons

   This is a picture of me and my son Caleb. I have also had some people ask me about the picture of the lady holding the little boy in the Revolutions pictures setting above this post. "Who is she? Who is he? Are they church members?" Lots more questions about them.
The lady is my Wendy. She is the only woman on earth that God had in mind for me. See this link for more on her.  http://ez37s.blogspot.com/2009/01/news-to-world.html
    Now, on to Caleb, the little boy in the picture. He is my son. He is a gift of God. We did not set out to adopt a child that would create in us a multi-ethnic family , but God saw fit to bless us beyond our expectations, as usually happens. Well, as always happens. We had prayed about adopting a little boy, and God brought Caleb into our lives... it was VERY MUCH a God thing. I had some initial reservations about it because of ... well, because of how I thought society would view him, and us. It was only as I prayed to God, desperately, that I understood. God is not a respecter of persons. He sees no color, no creed, no opinion. I understood what God was telling me. Caleb (we named him) is a child that will only understand that I am his daddy, and he is my son. Period. Kind of like my relationship with God. Caleb's adoption taught us that God's love and the love of God can overcome any obstacle. 
    All of this happened 5 years before my placement as worship director at Cornerstone. God knew that  I needed some growing, and he used our compassion, and passion, to do it.
    Our church is on a mission, a visionary mission, to bring about social and cultural change. Check out this link for more on that. http://pray2k.com/  We will be "intentionally diverse" in bringing about this change.
Some might think this impossible, but we only laugh. Because with God, NOTHING is impossible, and this vision is so huge, we know beyond a shadow that this is from God.
    Challenge? Yes. But guess what? We never grow unless we are challenged to grow out of what we have become. I for one look forward to the challenges of this new year. I read an interesting quote today..."Where there is the power of conviction, there is no such thing as sacrifice."
    One last thing...never say that you will fight in the shadow if the enemy darkens the sky with his arrows... unless you absolutely mean it.
 As for me...I MEAN IT.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married to the love of my life, a son, a father, a Worship leader and worshiper, Following Christ, Livin' Large & Livin' Free.