Saturday, January 3, 2009

Blinded by Faith

Faith transcends my rational thought, and I feel like I'm lost in this space,
feels like I've turned a corner now, but still can't see past my hands..
And in the time it takes to count the cost, will I ever claim the gain,
or do I take that step of faith, and leave the gain to claim itself?

And in the faith of the blind, be led by Your hand
in the wisdom of the young, be glad in your grace?
Yours is the Light, Yours is the Truth, Yours is the Son.

Yours is the time tested stone, the cornerstone, my foundation.
Would you bring the rain, would I be dismayed?
My shelter, from the storms, would I stand?

copyright ez37 music,2009

As this new year is here, I feel like I have rounded a corner. God's grace is evident everywhere I look. Why is it that I still can't see past my hands in my own life? Which way is God carrying me, what's His time frame? Why is it that even though my wife and I have continued to bless those that are less fortunate than us (and believe me, we ain't rich), we receive even greater blessings yet? I'll tell you why.. because "Faith transcends rational thought". We have received God's blessings... in more than one way. "Receive" means "to take into one's possession", and also "to take into the mind; apprehend mentally", here's the catch, it requires an action on my part. I have to TAKE it, ACCEPT it, physically and mentally.
God knows the heart, my heart, and yours. Faith is the demonstration on our part of our faithfulness to Him. Notice that to demonstrate, you have to do something, it requires action, not passivity. Hmmmm... interesting. Now, Why do I feel blind?
Easy question, easy answer. I choose to walk in faith... some would say blindly, know what I say? I walk in God, and He sees what I can't. Puts a new twist on what the world would call "blind faith" doesn't it? It's not easy, but it is worth it... walking "Blinded by Faith".... With God's grace, and a little time, I'm gonna start running.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married to the love of my life, a son, a father, a Worship leader and worshiper, Following Christ, Livin' Large & Livin' Free.