Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Last Chance

What up world? This is the last chance I'll have to blog this year, as I intend to do very little on new years eve. I have started to do some things in my life that have been leading me closer to God ...closer than ever before. I expect God to show up in my walks & talks with Him now... maybe before I was just whistlin' in the wind, hoping that He would hear me, no.. that's not right, He has always had His hand on me, I just KNOW now that He has my back. Maybe the difference is that I know that I know now. I have asked God to show me His mystery, I want to experience that which the world will never understand. I want to be a part of His Warrior Elite, and the enemy now holds no sway in my outlook, or attitude, even though the attacks get through the chinks in my armor sometimes. Now I have scars, never open wounds. Way I look at it, my trust in God is only built up the by the attacks that would normally tear me down. I know how King David must have felt, if I stay, dwell in God's mighty will, seeking His heart..., what do I have to fear? Fear itself (Do any of you realize how absurd that sounds)? I have started feeling secure in the roles He has me in. I do not fear. I AM ALIVE
This is the last chance...for me to blog... for you? Is it Your last chance...? For something...? Don't wait. Seize the day, do it. And do it as if you are on the feild of battle, with the cries of the armies fading into silence, the sounds of penants and flags flapping in the wind, as the giant in your life steps to the forefront to mock you.... pick up your trust, and your weapon, and slay it.
Do it. Be free. As the movie line goes... "breathe the free air". But don't do it as if your are watching a movie. Do it as if you are on the feild... 'cause guess what?

YOU ARE

1 comment:

Michael Reid said...

Hey, man. Great post! I'll say this...on a field of battle there are three types of people. There are those that dash foolishly into the fray, filled with the bloodlust of combat...only to be cut down quickly because of their recklessness. Then there are those that talk brave until the conflict starts...once the bullets begin to fly they cower and tremble...unable to "walk the walk". Then, there are those that are steady and unmoveable...those who neither run into or from the fight but, rather, stand and face the fight as it comes to them. I pray that both you and I will be men who stand in this new year. Locked arm and arm with our eyes raised toward Christ, clad in the whole armor of God...Happy New Year, my brother!

About Me

My photo
Married to the love of my life, a son, a father, a Worship leader and worshiper, Following Christ, Livin' Large & Livin' Free.