Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Amazing Part

I could not wait to get home today. Well, I kinda could, but I could not wait to post this... Today at church I saw something that the disciples must have seen, and it really blew me away. for many years I attended smaller churches and saw baptisms done in the way of our traditions, in the way of our forefathers. Nothing wrong with that... I just mention it because the baptisms totalled, say, 25-30 or so in the several years I attended and ministered in those bodies. Now, I know that God can work in smaller churches, that's not what I'm writing about. HERE is what I wanted to say..... Today in church we had a spontaneous altar call in 1st and 2nd services, "anyone that wants to be baptised, now is the time - what will YOU do with this choice God has placed in front of you?"... We had 59 baptisms today alone. We had 16 people scheduled for baptism and at the response to God's word, 43 more came to be baptised. Acts 5:14 says "more and more men and women believed in the Lord, and were added to their number." To be in a place where God is working, and to be a part of it amazes me. I think that today we throw that word around a good bit (did you see that amazing Florida game last night?), without utilizing the full understanding of the word. One of the definitions of "amazed" is this - astounded; suddenly filled with wonder. that's what happened to me today. I was filled with wonder as I saw the God of everything that has been created have compassion and mercy as He called those to the altar, and gave new life to those that surrendered.

Praise Adonai, Master, Creator, Father, for you are faithful to those that call on your name. Let your praises ring through the hearts of men, for you are willing and able to change us into your image. Love You Lord, ELOHIM, our redeemer.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married to the love of my life, a son, a father, a Worship leader and worshiper, Following Christ, Livin' Large & Livin' Free.