Sunday, November 9, 2008

Regretting what was lost

As our worship team was working thru the songs we used @ church this past week and today, I was struck by one line in one song that is having an impact on me, or rather, God is using that line with other situations to impact my life. That line is from a song by Jars of Clay...."I won't regret to let Love do what Love will let...". At first I thought it was just because of the odd arrangement of words, but after today, I think it's because the Holy Spirit has put this line in my life, for me to sample, to meditate, to savor. I have in my past been called many things, some of which have not been true, some of which have been true. In our sermon today, our Pastor led us thru the dangers of not watching our tongue, what we say. He also had some interesting words of wisdom about how to watch our self, and as a body, ourselves. My thought is this, that by using words as a weapon, by using words to tear down instead of build up, will we regret anything that Love has tried to do thru us? Even passive words that don't build the Kingdom of Heaven are dangerous. If my God had wanted me to encourage a youthful, exuberant, guitarist, and yet, I had put him off by telling him that I had no time to speak just yet, (busyness) could I have possibly put myself in-between God and His will for said guitarist?
Yes, possible... although anyone that knows me knows that I'll talk music anytime, anyplace, this is just an example. But think of it... are we so "righteous, slain in the spirit, holy, BUSY", that God cannot act in a way that would lead us to to rejoice in His actions, or will we regret... regret that we were too busy to uplift another, even with a smile, a hug, a kind word. Would we regret to let Love do what Love would let? Please understand, I am not trying to condemn anyone reading this, only to let the Holy Spirit of the Living God say to you what He would lay on my heart. Would the words that come from your mouth, from my mouth, be escaping (to hurt, damage) or be set free by Love to build up and justify?
Questions, questions... all good but all useless unless we come to grips with the answers, and that is done by putting the knowledge and wisdom God has given us to good use. As I stated earlier, I have been called many things, but I hope that God Himself would help me to never be too BUSY, too involved, or too self righteous to speak the words that need no form, the actions that Love would perform thru me. To those I know that I have not been what I should, I apologize, I am sorry. Check out 2nd Corinthians 7...v10 Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation and leaves no regret, but worldly sorrow brings death. v11 See what this godly sorrow has produced in you: what earnestness, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what concern, what readiness to see justice done. As for me, I intend to see to it from now on, that Love will do what Love will let.

Now... no regrets... Time to move forward,...time to gain ground.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married to the love of my life, a son, a father, a Worship leader and worshiper, Following Christ, Livin' Large & Livin' Free.