Monday, May 25, 2009

Complete in You

For some reason I seem to be in a "new" mode. I want to find some "new" music. I want to write some "new" music. I want to do somethin' "new". I decided to sit down today and do some writing...music, that is. I had been sent some lyrics by a lady I call my sister, Viv. We are not really brother & sister but we are in Christ. He brought us together in our worship ministry at Cornerstone and we have a great friendship. Well anywho, she sent over some lyrics and today I sat down to flesh them out with some music. Little did I know that God had a plan for that song. I still don't know the full range of His plan, but I do know that when we do that song in worship, it is gonna touch the heart of God and in doing so His spirit is gonna move in that body.
Part of it speaks to the heart of who we are in Christ, and who we were not before His grace and mercy closed over us like the water of a river, completely and utterly touching every part of our mind, body and soul.

Yet you take me in to your arms and invite me in to your tenderness
Where I find hope and I find rest.
It's there with you - I see who I can be

And it is all because of You I stand amazed by how complete I am in You
@ez37 music 2009

As I sat working on chord structure and all that stuff, I started to think about the words. How God has touched my life, and again, as it usually does happen, I started to worship him in this unfinished song.
I stand amazed yet again, that when in worship, I am complete, and it's all thru the grace He lavished on me when I was an enemy of the cross. The grace that saved me when He saw that His Love would not be wasted on me, that if nothing else, I would worship Him... even if it is on a rainy afternoon, at my computer, working on an unfinished song, that's no longer unfinished.
I stand amazed as I realize who God is, and this even though I only see through the glass darkly.
When I see clearly, when I am by His side, how complete... how complete.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married to the love of my life, a son, a father, a Worship leader and worshiper, Following Christ, Livin' Large & Livin' Free.