Sunday, September 14, 2008

Commitment

Commitment comes in several different forms. A commitment to be there when it's convenient, commitment when it's a show, sometimes there's a commitment to be non-committal. There's a song that goes "Even though you've made a choice not to decide, you've still decided".
Then there's the kind of commitment that mirrors Christ and his dedication to us.
Christ died on the cross, willfully for you and me; people that were enemies of the cross, He died for people that are still enemies of the cross. Commitment to the body, and a love of Christ led someone I know to serve the body today, even though her father passed away on Friday, the 12th. That's the kind of commitment I'm talkin' about. Not just serving when it's convenient, but even serving Christ when it hurts, and there is a sacrifice involved.

Galatians 2:20 -
I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

To that person... you know who you are.... and I won't try to rob you of the treasure that you have just stored in heaven at the feet of God himself, Thank You for a lesson that is touching, sweet, and as strong as God's Call. I love you and thank you for teaching, even when you didn't mean to. May He make His face to shine upon you, and may the Peace of God, which transcends all that the world understands, fill you and your family.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married to the love of my life, a son, a father, a Worship leader and worshiper, Following Christ, Livin' Large & Livin' Free.