Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Tearing down a wall

Last night I took an opportunity to go tear up something. Our church (Cornerstone Community Church) is in the process of starting a new campus, "RiverFork Church" in Bamberg SC.
I got to tear down a wall. With a sledgehammer. It felt good to tear down that wall. There were several other (MANY SEVERAL) volunteers there to help and we made short work of that wall. Torn down and swept up in around 45 minutes or so.
All this got me thinking about what this church, RiverFork is going to do in that community. We are a multi-ethnic church that breaks down cultural barriers, and we, as a body, help people find and follow God.
The many volunteers made it seem as if we were capable of destroying any wall in front of us, and then God spoke to me and said "This is what this church was made for". There are lots of barriers we all face in our growth in Christ, and barriers our churches face in their growth in Christ. Let it be known, as evidenced by all of those willing hearts and hands tearing down the walls last night, that we are trusting in the strong arm of the Lord of Hosts, and we will NOT be stopped by something as insignificant as a wall....be it a cultural or a literal one.
  Just wanted to scream that out, but I also thought that I should post it in my blog. Now I have to go explain to the PoPo why I was shouting about tearing down our neighbors wall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tear down these walls... - Ronald Regan to Gorbachev.

We sing a song with lyrics to the effect, "Pray, until the walls come down..." So that could be a key.

Leo Gallant said...

What a great post! God, let your Church be united in tearing down all the walls that keep people from finding Jesus!

About Me

My photo
Married to the love of my life, a son, a father, a Worship leader and worshiper, Following Christ, Livin' Large & Livin' Free.