Friday, October 9, 2009

Job title : Revolutionary

Approximately a year ago, our lead pastor, whom I have come to love like a brother, came to me and said that the church was looking for a worship leader full time, and that he had prayed over this, and that I was to be the one. At that time the economy was tanking and... well, the sacrifices we have all made are obvious. The church could not bring me on until everything evened out, all in God's good and perfect timing. A little over a month ago, Pastor Artie called me to the side one Sunday morning and told me to pack my bags, the time is right, let's give it one month...come on, let's go. After giving my employer the notice (4 weeks, cause I love those guys too), I officially became the worship leader at Cornerstone Community Church in Orangeburg, SC.
    Now, we have another worship leader in my very good friend Tracy D...love her too. There are also other vocalists that "lead" worship on individual songs...Faye, Judy, there are more... we are a family that praises together you might say. I tell you this so that I would not be given any undue credit...except for the fact that God has anointed me to do a particular thing. That thing is worship Him. After reading and learning and talking and learning, and praying and learning it all comes around to this one thing...for me, it's all about God, and His mercy and grace, afforded to me when I was still an enemy of God. Whatever life has in store for me... come what storms, or joy, I WILL WORSHIP HIM.I could talk about the guitar, my experiences that God has allowed me to go thru without getting myself shot, but it isn't about any of those things. It is about a God that loved me, enough to shed His son's blood on a cross. It is about the Son's desperate, passionate gladness to do His Father's bidding, and by doing so, showing His love for a lost and lonely world, of which in my eyes I was once among the worst of His detractors. I cannot help but become emotional, as I think of His great love for me. And so I worship. My Father, creator, redeemer, lover of my soul, my banner, my strength, my shield, my reward. My protector... I can't speak for anyone but me and my house. So I will.... we will serve the Lord God. I will serve Him.
As for a title... I don't know, I don't really care, "worship leader", "lead worshiper", "band director" whatever... my job is to worship God...and so is yours.
...and IF a title is required...let it be "revolutionary" because I want to worship God in a new, and revolutionary way....that's one of the reasons our praise team is called "Revolutions".... Peace out, and love the Lord ya'll, love the Lord.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married to the love of my life, a son, a father, a Worship leader and worshiper, Following Christ, Livin' Large & Livin' Free.