Sunday, March 15, 2009

The Quite Time

After a week of business, and a week of busy-ness, I had the opportunity to go to a small one day conference in the quiet town of Anderson SC, at Newspring church. Great church with a great heart for saving the lost. Thoroughly enjoyed myself and was refreshed and rejuvenated. Glad to see them doing God's work in the way they do it. Afterward I got home and realized that I was a tech junky (to a lesser extent than many in my circles), and I felt an urge to turn it all off. I did.
It was quiet - even maybe a little uncomfortable at first. But in the time where my thoughts raced here and there I noticed that between "here" and "there", in the opportunity quietness afforded a door had opened that the busy-ness had shut. Everyone always quotes the scripture
"Be quiet and know that I am God", and that's a great scripture, no doubt - but another great one is found in Job...chapter 6. Verse 24...."Teach me, and I will be quiet; show me where I have been wrong." Lord reveal in me anything unlike you, so it can be removed. I want to live a life that pleases You. I want to follow You. In the quiet spaces I will learn from You, if there aren't many of those spaces I will make some from now on. You are my God... I am Your child. Help me to seek out those times of quiet, for worship, for reflection, for meditation. There is none like You Lord, You are my Rock, my King, my quiet Revelation, and my Revolution. in You I find my peace. Love You Lord... be my vision.

1 comment:

Michael Reid said...

Amen, brother. You and your walk with our Father inspires me. Thank you for being the man of God that you are.

About Me

My photo
Married to the love of my life, a son, a father, a Worship leader and worshiper, Following Christ, Livin' Large & Livin' Free.